With Election Day fast approaching it is important to be as informed as possible on the candidates for local, state and national positions and to carefully consider how their views may shape the educational environment of Hillsborough. Similar to last year, all BOE candidates were offered the opportunity to respond to a questionnaire created by the HEA. This information was used to create the newsletter found below. Please note that this information can be shared, but does not serve as an endorsement of any candidate(s).
Please join the NJEA Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Committee for a free brunch on November 10, 2017 from 11 am until 1 pm in Crown Ballrooms I & II at the Sheraton Hotel.
Learn what NJEA resources are available to members and leaders for self-education, member education and advocacy for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) members and students.
The Somerset Patriots have made the playoffs and members can attend tomorrow night’s game for free – just bring a school ID/badge!
As you know, Pennsylvania is a key battleground state in this year’s presidential election. In order to help elect our endorsed candidate, Hillary Clinton, NJEA has arranged an opportunity this weekend for members to do get-out-the-vote work in PA.
The details, along with a link to register, are below. Please attend if you are able, and please share this with any NJEA member who wants to be part of this important and historic election.
DATE: Saturday November 5, 2016
Bus leaves from NJEA HQ Parking Lot
100 Capitol Street, Trenton, NJ
8 a.m. – Breakfast at NJEA HQ
8:30 a.m. – Bus leaves (promptly!)
4:15 p.m. – Bus leaves PA for return to NJEA
- Blistan celebrates educator resilience in MonroeIt was a fitting end to American Education Week for NJEA President Marie Blistan, who spent the day Thursday celebrating and thanking the teachers, support staff and students in Monroe Township School District. Faced with a severe mold infestation, the teaches and support staff in the district came together to make their students feel at […] The post Blistan […]
Latest NJEA News
- NJEA officers celebrate American Education Week
- Blistan named co-chair of Murphy education transition committee
- Governor-elect Phil Murphy at NJEA Convention: Let’s commit to a new partnership that gets our state back to working for every child and every family
- Big Murphy win highlights good night for NJEA-endorsed candidates
- Walking Through Fear: A Case for Unionization